Friday, August 26, 2011

WAW #?? - Doorways

So I am all mixed up and behind on my weekly assignments, I have no idea which number I am on or exactly what I have missed... but I am going to try to catch up and keep up with this thing.
Fortunately for me, last week's assignment was doorways, and by chance I had a complete love affair with doors and entrances during our honeymoon in France. I once remember Nichole of Little Brown Pen talking about her obsession with doorways in France... and now, I totally get it! By the way, her photos of Paris are fantastic and you can even buy copies for yourself here!
I really do think that we neglect entrances in North America. They don't get the attention or credit they deserve.
Medieval Doorways in the South of France (Haut-de-Cagnes & Vence) on film - Olympus Pen F, Fuji 200 Color Superia Film






Parisian Doorways on Film - Olympus Pen F, Fuji 200 Color Superia Film



Parisian Doorway on Film - Olympus Pen F, Kodak BW400CN for black & white prints (but developed as colour film)


Parisian Doorways on digital - Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR


Entrance to the Louvre

Close-up Entrance to the Louvre

Entrance to Notre Dame Cathedral

Doorways in the South of France on digital - Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR

"Guarded" doorway - Vence 



I loved how even the tiny little entrances in the old medieval villages seemed to have character and detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment