Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WAW #19 - Negative space

So this week has been insane, but absolutely wonderful! I got married on Saturday and all the events leading up to and after the big day were jam packed and fantastic. I am still kind of in a state of shock... but I am so happy that it all worked out, and most importantly that I am now married to my best friend and love.
But before the craziness began, I had the chance to hang out with my friend and "Weekly Assignment Wednesday" organizer Michelle and our respective beaus. We spent the evening walking, hanging out with puppies, talking, eating and of course, taking some photos. Knowing that the week would be crazy, and that I would be leaving soon after for 2 weeks (Yay honeymoon in France! More on that to come later)... I decided to use the walk to focus on my assignment this week - Negative space.
I still don't know how I feel about the photos I get with my digital. I don't know if it is because I am too lazy to really figure out all the settings, or whether I just don't have a fancy enough lens, or if I just generally prefer the aesthetic of film... but I just can't seem to get photos that I am really proud of.
I do however, really like the composition of these ones, though I think they are lacking a little "je ne sais quoi".
P.S. Note the horizontal and diagonal lines? Guess I wasn't quite done with WAW #17 & 18 just yet.






Next week's assignment is - Reflections. Since I will be away and I know that I already have a tonne of photos with reflections, I will just refer you to this previous post.
All photos taken with my Canon EOS Rebel XS - Digital SLR
~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment