Saturday, February 12, 2011

Olympic Nostalgia

It has been one year since the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, and the city is celebrating this weekend. And although I probably won't get out to partake in those festivities, I am happy that I got a chance to witness them a year ago. And although it was a time rapt with political agendas and opinions, I don't think anybody can argue that Vancouver has never before seen (or will ever see again) that kind of spirit, camaraderie, and celebration. It was a unique a time. Here are a few of the photos I snapped to capture the moment.
All photos taken with my Pentax K1000

A sea of red patriotism - Robson Square

Buskers and smiling kids galore


Lines of buses bringing people into the city

False Creek is a buzz with boats, pedestrians, cyclists

It's funny how I look back at these pictures and just see how they could have been better. I think I have come a long way in a year (I guess I'm kinda proud of that). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment