Sunday, August 26, 2012

A la plage

I know that Vancouver has a ton of beautiful beaches, and a gorgeous coastline... I am slightly embarrassed to say that I don't make it down there very often. I guess I'm not really a beach person (unless it is at my family's cabin on the lake). This summer I made 2 trips to Vancouver beaches, but neither was a beach destined outing, the beach was simply a place to stop to take a break during a bike ride - the first around Stanley Park on tandem, the second a ride out to Kitsilano in search of pie.
Luckily I was equiped with my cameras to capture the beach dwellers.



Above photos taken with my Canonet 28 and Kodak Max 400 film.
Below photos taken with my Olympus Pen F and Kodak Max 400 film.

The water was so low this day, it seemed you could walk out forever!


Jonathan Livingston Seagull


Opposite view from the first photo - that is Stanley Park at the right of this shot
Does anyone else find it odd that while on a beach it is perfectly accepted, and in fact normal to stand half naked and talk to someone? Can you imagine being in another location, standing and talking to someone in a bikini? Social norms are such a funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment