Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wooly Bully

Several weeks back, when we ventured out on the Great Macaron Crawl - Part 2, my fellow dessert companions dragged me along to a local yarn store (apparently called an LYS - for those in the "in-crowd"). They are both knitters and make the most amazing things that leave me in absolute awe. And though I have tried knitting and can do the basic stitches, I don't think that I will ever have the patience to pull off the types of projects they do. So instead, I will just content myself with taking photos of the yarn.
I was particularily excited to take these photos because my camera was loaded with the Kodak Portra film that I discussed here. The colours turned out as beautifully as I had hoped, even though the light was not ideal. And the pattern of the wound yarn, gives great texture to the photos.
So in the end, we all ended up "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over the yarn... just for slightly different reasons. ;)







p.s. I sincerley apologize if you now have the song "Wooly Bully" stuck in your head for the rest of the day. ;)

All photos taken with my Olympus Pen F and Kodak Portra 400 film.

No comments:

Post a Comment