Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest we forget...

On this day of Remembrance we take a moment to honour all those who put their own lives in danger to save the lives of others. Those who left their families behind so that others could be with theirs. We say thank you to everyone who fought for freedom around the world. Regardless of your political or moral views surrounding war or the military, we all need to take a moment to appreciate the selflessness of so many people that have lived through and seen things that most cannot even imagine.
In honour of this Remembrance Day, a few photos of my brave and loving grandfather who landed in Holland on D-Day. I only wish that I also had a photo of my other grandfather who landed in France on D-Day, but who is sadly not with us anymore. On this day I cherish the memories that I have of both of them.

My Pa 

Pa with his great granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment