Saturday, April 30, 2011

WAW #8 - Sports

Ok, I admit, I was dreading this week's weekly assignment. I am not really a "sports-person" in any way, shape, or form. I had no idea how I was going to get shots of sports with out looking like a total weirdo or pervert. And in fact, because recently I have had some very bad experiences with certain "overly-competitive sports-people", the few sports that I was involved with have become quite negative experiences.  So, I decided to bend the "rules" just a little and took a very loose definition of the word "sport".
I spent the Easter weekend with my family and had a blast playing outside with my nieces. Kids love games and they will play them just for the sake of playing... there is no smack-talk, no put-downs, no exclusion, no favouritism... just fun. These are the kind of sports that I can enjoy (Biking, Pop Goes the Frogio, Frisbee, & Bean Bag Toss). And clearly they take extreme concentration as indicated by the perfectly placed tongue in each photo.


All photos taken with my Canon Rebel XS. Photo Mosaic created with Big Huge Labs

1 comment: