Friday, November 11, 2011

Auntie Em, Auntie Em, It's a twister!

While sitting at home enjoying a quiet day on the couch, I looked out the window in time to see the craziest weather pattern I think that I have ever seen! First it started to pour rain (like in buckets), then the sun came out and shone so brightly that I nearly pulled out my sunglasses, then just as suddenly the wind picked up and started to blow like I had never seen it before. It was sheer madness!
So of course, I grabbed my camera and ran outside.
I just barely caught the end of the sun against the grey sky contrast, and by the time the leaves really started to blow, the sun had gone away. Because I ran out so quickly and was trying to catch a moment, I put my camera on auto white balance and just snapped away. The result was some pictures with interesting movement, but not great white balance or colour. So, although I usually try to create the right photo within the camera, rather than doing it afterwards in a photo editor... due to my lack of experience and general rushed-ness in this situation, the photos needed a little help. I think it was worth it.






All photos taken with my digital SLR Canon Rebel XS and edited with Photofiltre

No comments:

Post a Comment