Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inspiration

This year I decided to take my passion for photography into the classroom and share it with my students. We have been working on a photography unit in art this term and the results have been exciting and inspiring. I have been so impressed with how quickly they picked up the concepts of photo composition and how much creativity they have brought to it. I especially love that it has allowed some students who might not be strong in fine motor skills (i.e. drawing, painting, etc) to really succeed. (It's one of the reasons I love photography for myself... it allows me to be the artist I always wanted to be).
Today we went out for the afternoon, armed with our digital cameras and two of my film babies - my Pentax K1000 and my Olympus Pen F. As the kids were buzzing about taking photos on the digitals, I would pull them aside in small groups and show them how to work the film cameras and they got to take a few shots themselves. We didn't quite get through everyone, so I haven't been able to see the results yet, but I can hardly wait!
Their excitement and joy for photography inspired me to get back on the blog and post some of my favourite photos from my last roll taken on my Pentax (from April and May! Shame on me for being such a procrastinator!).




~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment