Sunday, May 16, 2010

Daisy May





Ever since I was little, daisies have always been my favourite flower. I remember looking at the photos from my parents' wedding; my mom in a long peasant style gown, with her flowing hair, holding a bouquet of daisies. It always struck me as so simple, so romantic. And although, as I grew older, I never sought out that "hippy-love" look in my own life, daisies always made me feel contented and at peace when I saw them. I love bouquets of colourful wild flowers and I appreciate the beauty of a delicate orchid and the scent of a vibrant rose bush, but the beauty in the simplicity of a daisy, for me, is unrivaled. My eye is always drawn to them no matter where we are.
It is one of the reasons why, I have decided that they must absolutely be a part of my own upcoming wedding. Who knows, maybe one day my own daughter will look at my photos and decide that daisies are her favourite flower...

No comments:

Post a Comment